A Parisian who did his Bachelor in International Hotel Management at Vatel Lyon, Paul-Emile Guiard came back to the capital in his 5th year for the Luxury Goods Management Specialization at Vatel Paris.
THREE HASHTAGS THAT DESCRIBE YOU:
#twentyfourseven #selfdriven #inquiringmind
BEST MEMORIES OF YOUR THEORETICAL COURSES AT VATEL:
Finance in my 5th year of my specialization with the CFO of the Peninsula Paris. An interesting expert who loved his job and who gave me many different tips that are now indispensable for me in understanding the luxury goods market.
BEST MEMORIES OF YOUR PRACTICAL COURSES AT VATEL:
The kitchens and all the special moments we shared with the chefs. The beginning of my first responsibilities and my first satisfactions. I loved every minute I spent here.
YOUR BEST INTERNSHIP MEMORY:
The international internship in my 2nd year. I went to the Maldives and the most beautiful resort on the Indian Ocean: the One&Only Reethi Rah. Hospitality that was different from what I had imagined, an extraordinary trip and souvenirs that will last a lifetime. An internship where I learned a lot but most importantly, an experience that allowed me to grow and challenge myself with new goals.
YOUR JOB IN A FEW WORDS:
- I work directly with the Rooms Division Manager and occasionally with the General Manager.
- I supervise and coordinate the activities of the front desk and the conciergerie.
- I do a part of the hotel’s commercial and financial monitoring.
- I also coordinate all guest relations actions and participate occasionally in greeting them.
3 QUALITIES TO SUCCEED IN THIS JOB:
- Being pragmatic
- Taking the time required
YOUR 2 MAIN HANDS-ON MISSIONS:
- Training teams and quality control
- Guest relations targeting VIPs and customer loyalty
YOUR 2 MAIN MISSIONS IN THE OFFICE:
- Financial administration (managing accounts receivables, regulations and consolidation of turnover)
- Human Resources management (recruitment, schedules, etc.)
3 SUBJECTS TAUGHT AT VATEL THAT YOU USE EVERY DAY:
- Operational management
THE IT TOOL THAT YOU USE EVERY DAY AT WORK:
OPERA Property Management System and Outlook on my phone
THE VENUE AND TIME OF THE DAY THAT YOU PREFER AT THE HOTEL:
The conciergerie to talk about restaurants and things to do.
THREE VATELIENS WHO IMPACTED YOU AND WITH WHOM YOU’RE STILL IN TOUCH:
Aurelie Gagniere who is now a Business Analyst at the Louvre Hotels Group and Nathanael Haury & Sebastien Romizvili, who are both at the Bristol, one in restaurant services and the other in the rooms division.